Overview: The New York Times app for Android delivers breaking news and our award-winning journalism wherever you are. Read the latest headlines from today’s news and original content in our FREE news app for phone and tablet.
Download the NYTimes Android app for FREE today and subscribe for only $14.99/month and get your first 7 days free*.
The New York Times offers the following subscription options:
1) Basic digital access for $14.99/month. Basic includes access to NYTimes.com and the NYT app. Sign up now and get your first 7 days free on Google Play*. All subscriptions renew automatically.
Save over 25% with an annual subscription for $129.99/year.
2) Basic Digital Access + access to NYT Crossword and NYT Cooking for $24.99/month. You will also get 1 bonus subscription (worth $25/month) to gift to anyone you want. Sign up now and get your first 7 days free on Google Play*. All subscriptions renew automatically.
* New interactive comments, now you can write and recommend comments
* Browse our Best Sellers lists, now at the top of the Books section
* A new top navigation for quick swiping through popular sections
* Customize which sections are in your shortcuts and available for instant offline reading
* Improved app performance, including speed and stability
* Redesigned daily notification with the Morning Briefing
* A more visually appealing grid layout for tablets
* Article pages with richer images, fonts and multimedia
* Two widget layout options: photos or headlines
* Breaking News Alerts that link directly to developing stories
* Collapsible top navigation: See more of your screen as you scroll through sections
* Save NYT articles across platforms to revisit later on any device (web, phone, tablet).
* Share articles, photos and videos using your favorite sharing platform
* Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography
The New York Times app also includes our international edition, The International New York Times, featuring breaking news, world news, current events, and cultural stories from our 50 newspaper bureaus around the world.
The NYTimes app for Android is built to be responsive and formatted from 4″ phones to 12″ tablets and more. The app works on all devices with Android OS (4.4+).
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to give you the best possible reading experience. Here’s a little about what each does:
* In-App Purchases: Allows you to make purchases within the app.
* Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, reducing load times for pages you revisit.
* WiFi Connection Info: This item gives the app permission to use available WiFi networks instead of your cellular network. If there are no trusted WiFi networks or WiFi is disabled, the app will use your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply, as specified in your service contract with your wireless service provider.
* Device ID and Call Information: These settings turn phone numbers in NYTimes articles into clickable links.
Return message? Suggestions? Subjects? Please contact our support team at email@example.com. We will do our best to help you. Your feedback is important to us.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Does not include access to the printed newspaper. Prices shown are in US dollars and local prices are available in over 55 countries. Other restrictions apply.
This release includes general bug fixes and improvements. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, or other feedback.
- Digital Subscription / Paid Features Unlocked;
- Unwanted Permissions + Recipients + Providers + Services Disabled/Removed;
- Optimized and zip-aligned graphics and cleaned resources for fast loading;
- Removed ad permissions/services/providers from Android.manifest;
- Removed ads links and canceled method calls;
- Visibility of ad layouts disabled;
- Verification of Google Play Store installer package disabled;
- removed debug code;
- Remove the default .source tag name of the relevant Java files;
- Analytics/Crashlytics/Firebase disabled;
- Native Comscore analysis completely removed;
- Languages: Fully multiple languages;
- CPUs: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86;
- Screen DPIs: 120 dpi, 160 dpi, 240 dpi, 320 dpi, 480 dpi, 640 dpi;
- original package signature changed;
- Published by Balatan.
This app contains advertising
Problems downloading? To read The.